- Check oil sight glass levels on bearings.
Oil levels should be slightly over sight glass center line.
- Check all exposed electrical connections for tightness.
- Visually check generator bearing housings for any sign of oil seepage.
- Inspect generator air filters for buildup of contaminants. Clean or replace as required.
- Check transformers, fuese, capacitors, lightning arrestors for loose mounting or physical damage.
- Check all lead wires and electrical connections for proper clearance and spacing.
- Check insulation resistance to ground on all generator windings:
- Main rotating assembly
- Main stator assembly
- Exciter and PMG stationary fields
- Exciter armature assembly
Insulation Resistance test, TransEuroEngineering, YouTube
Insulation Resistance Test, chriskitcher, YouTube
- Visually inspect generator windings for oil or dirt contamination. Excessive contamination may necessitate surface cleaning with compressed airand electrical solvent.